Hard times call for a new look at things

When my hubby gets back home from Afghanistan we are looking at a drop in income, and I having no education or viable skills am frozen in fear thinking about trying to find a part time job! Now don't get me wrong I am like any housewife. I am well read, experienced in life, and quick on the uptake, but it seems to me since the 60's radicals got a hold of the feminist movement well we are still not a respected bunch. In some ways housewives are like the military, so many skills, so much education, and no way to relate those skills and education to the civilian workforce.

See in our economy all housewives have had to, at some point or another, look at the possibility of getting a part time job to make ends meet. We are all faced with the prospect of having to explain why we haven't worked in so long, and the inevitable dread of seeing the employers face start twitching at the thought of a person who may be more in love with their family than money.

There are laws upon laws about discrimination, but we all know that if there is a way around it an employer is going to hire only certain kinds of unattached people. Honestly who could blame them. I know I don't, but it still bugs me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.